Pages

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Wednesday. Is Wednesday.

Middle of the week...already! I have no idea how that happened...  I've got work to be done that has to be done more-or-less RIGHT NOW so I'll make this quick:
----------------------------------------------

from The Nerdy Bird's blog, an optical illusion for DC and Marvel fans (I'm not adding the illo here 'cause you HAVE TO CLICK THROUGH.)
------------------------------------------
CollegeHumor saves the day for every awkward teenaged boy, Learning Guitar Well Enough... to get you laid.
--------------------------------------------
From The Toronto Star, "Woman buys the sun, plans to charge tax on the rays". Really. Seriously.
---------------------------------------------------
The day after the Super Bowl, I was trying to describe the now-infamous Groupon ad to The Guy. He thought I was kidding. He eventually hunted it down--and came to tell me open-mouthed with shock. He was far from alone, so Groupon has issued a statement. Excerpts are on Jezebel along with other "Backlash and Backpedaling...,"
--------------------------------------------------
I actually managed to muddle my way through io9.com's horrible, horrible HORRIBLE new layout (all the Gawker sites have changed to it and did I mention that it's HORRIBLE) and found this...What if Superman was a Disney cartoon? Seems like it's tempting fate even to ask the question, but click through to see Superman Classic, by animator Robb Pratt.
--------------------------------------------------
And io9.com has an interview with Dean Haspiel, one of the founders of ACT-I-VATE, comic book artist for American Splendor, and the man who does the opening credits and supplies the artwork for HBO's Bored to Death. 
--------------------------------------------------------------
That's it for now...driving back from dropping my kid off at high school, I actually had this weird sense memory of a really, really good coffee. I have no idea where to get a really, really good coffee in Mississauga, so I had to settle for a run through Starbucks. So I'm going to drink my latte and finish my work, so I can start my work, so I can get to my other work...

No comments:

Post a Comment